FARM & FOREST EXPERIENCE
Would you like to learn about the everyday life of a modern family farm or stay overnight on a farm on your holiday trip?
Ylhäinen farm’s farm visit is designed for both Finnish and foreign visitors who want to see and experience the life of a modern farm. We want to encourage everyone to get to know Finnish nature and food production safely and sustainably and have fun with casual activities. We always design the agenda for groups according to their own interests.
The purity, safety and domesticity of the food are strongly present in the activities of Ylhäinen farm and are also reflected in the content of the farm visits. If you are looking for a cozy setting in the countryside on your holiday, we at Ylhäinen farm welcome you warmly for a visit.
How does it work?:
We offer bed and breakfast or Farm & Forest activity packages with bed, breakfast, lunch, dinner and 1 activity / day included.
What’s included in Farm & Forest Activity package:
Accommodation in the 100- year-old main building in casual and homely furnished rooms of 2-4 people, shared showers, toilets and sauna. Home-made meals served in the main building’s kitchen. 1 organized activity / day.
Sauna is a traditional way of relaxing and bathing all year round.
Examples of Nature and Forest Activities:
- Nature walk to beautiful Vartsalo forest and learning about the region’s history
- Bird watching (eg. The Finnish Swan. The region is known of many national and rare bird population), identifying tree species (eg. pine and birch)
- Learning to make a campfire, sausage grilling
- Berry and mushroom picking and cooking of the found ingredients (seasonal).
- Learning about the Finnish everyman’s rights, and about the Finnish respect of nature
Examples of Farm activities:
- Getting to know farm’s crop, like wheat, sugarbeet, caraway, and sustainable farming
- Getting to know different agricultural work machines (tractor, harvester) and their purpose of use
- Learning about food chain from farm to the table
- Feeding and brushing farm’s horses and Luna the dog
- Heating up the sauna, swimming in the bond
- Playing in the garden traditional Finnish games
- Learning about the daily farm life with locals
Ylhäinen farm is located in Paimio, Southwest Finland with great connections to Turku and Helsinki.
Due to the farm’s great location it is easy to do day trips to locations such as Naantali Moomin World, Spa Hotel Caribia in Turku, the beautiful archipelago of Turku (these only 30 minutes away). Also the spectacular Paimio Sanatorium designed by Alvar Aalto is found down town Paimio.
Paimio (center) 6 min (6 km)
Turku 25 min (28 km)
Turku Airport 20 min (28 km)
Helsinki 1 h 30 min (145 km)
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport 1 h 30 min (145 km)
Please ask more for transportation services.
We are open on request. Group size for accommodation 10 people. 1 day visit max. 30 people.
Wifi available in the main building.
Guiding available in English, Finnish, Swedish and Spanish.
Please ask an offer for your group’s visit. We are happy to help!
Ylhäinen farm, Sauvontie 108, 21510 Paimio, Finland
tel. + 358 50 34 36 411
Facebook & Instagram @ylhaistentila